Why am I writing this blog?

Well I've been on this 'verse for a while, making friends, finding my way into various corporations and all this has lead to plenty of humour, making decent living and found an interest in mining. But along this path I've also made enemies, been through wars and got shot at plenty of times. And each time, I've learned something new, something that's pushed me through and onward. But it seems that there is an endless suply of information and things to be learned about the 'verse and how to survive in it. And it's mostly this that keeps pushing me forward, the endless encounters (both good & bad), new people, new things to learn, well to put it short: The EVE-universe is an endless random encounter.

So basically this blogg is about my story in the 'verse, my experiences, ups and downs, what ever crosses my path that's worth writing about and sharing it with you. If this turns out to be only me writing all this down and noone reads it, then so be it. I'll still carry on.

And I found the timing to create this blog as I just recently changed corporations, new stuff happening and I kinda felt the urge to tell someone about it.

So welcome any readers who might stumble across this thread.

Sitt down and enjoy my story, Tash's Story.


Saturday, August 21, 2010

Corporation Overhaul

Well it's finally over, the last transports have moved from Zan Industries HQ in Zaniverse to Inner Sphere Industries HQ in the same system. And we've been working almost round the clock to get things right and moved them from point A to B. Many capsuleers involved in this process, mostly transporting goods from one place to another. Had a few laughs aswell, well not so funny for Anarith, since it was his two ships that were lost in the transaction process. Well small losses concidering what we moved all in all.

But now that we've moved to the new location within Zaniverse, a nice view of planet Hoth aswell, it has come down to making some ISK. Me and my CEO Lance Ducatillon wen't on a trading run to Jita, more or less the largest trading hub in the 'verse, with well over a billion in ISK in our cargoholds together! Just to make sure to see that the low-sec gates were clear of pirates, wouldn't want to loose any of our goodies, I send out Aloh'ro ahead to scout the gates. There really is no trouble since he's cloaked in his Covert Operations Buzzard (Stealth Frigate), and he got through the low-sec gates quite easy and then we headed after him with our small trading fleet. As we reached high-sec space, one could sense that everyone relaxed a bit and I send Aloh'ro back the way we came. Well to be honest, we got lucky this time. Had we waited for 5 more minutes we'd be caught in a 13 ship gatecamp, all with massive negative standings, they've most likely set up the camp just minutes after we jumped through the gate, though Aloh'ro made it through and back safe, mostly because of his stealth frigate. You need a bit of luck every now and then to survive, ofcourse your skills and planning play a huge part in survival aswell, but one can never have too much luck. The rest of the trip was just smooth sailing in our boats going to Jita as a fleet.

Well trading's done, now to get back to Zaniverse and I'm glad I have the intel that I gained from Aloh'ro, so I know there might be a possible gatecamp along the way. Well after a few drinks in the local bar with Lance and his crew, we discussed this possible threat. We decide to steamroll straight through it, in hopes that the gatecamp would be gone by now. The high-sec system ride is a smooth as ever, but when nearing the low-sec systems, I sense that I'm a bit nervous. I'm worried, as I'll most likely be running for me life in me Bustard.

My heart started pounding just when I hit the first lowsec system, as I knew what might be ahead. As I neared the gate where the pirates had camped, my heard punded quite a lot, but it wasn't panic, it was exitement, enticipation. When the ship started slowing down, coming out of warp, i felt a sudden calm, I was holding my breath, ready to react to anything. As my boat finally exit the warp and jumped back into realspace, looking at my ships overview as it was updating. Staring at it and at the same time waiting for my jump clearnce from my nav computer, suddenly the overview update blinked "Updated complete" and.. nothing! The gatecamp was gone, I could breathe out, I could relax a little, it felt like it would have taken for ages, like in slow motion, but all that just happened in a few seconds. I now had my clearance and jumped through the gate and reported to the rest of the fleet, that was running behind me, that the gates were clear. A succesfull traderun to Jita and back, no losses and a good ISK turnout for all players involved in Zaniverse and we also brought back some much needed suplies.
So a good day for all of us and I got a small adrenaline rush aswell. Always feels good.
Always.